Sunday 1 November 2009

Hello from Thailand!!!
















Hi everyone!!!
This is my first official blog from Thailand!! A BIG thank you to mum who has been posting for me as the internet was slow in Chiang Mai & I didn't have enough time to send emails and post on my blog!! xxx
Luckily you haven't all been left in the lurch and you've got the gist of what we've been up to over the past week! It feels like so much longer than a week...I can't believe I have stayed in mud huts, climbed a mountain, had an elephant ride, rafted down a river and had my feet sucked by fish in a week!! Yep....we have just got back from a "foot massage" where you put your feet into a tank of tiny fish who apparently nibble away at all your dead skin....delicious hey!! :P I am the tickliest person in the world so I spent the whole time laughing my head off!! We've just nipped into this internet cafe to update blogs/photos finally!!! (and also to watch Stacey & Olly from X Factor on YouTube...wow!!) - you can take the girl out of Watford but you can't take Watford out of the girl ;) what was Cheryl wearing?!!?!?!?!
We are boarding yet anooooother sleeper train tonight (12hrs) and heading for the beaches, yay!!!!! We have spent the past week roughing it so it's about time we started working on our tans :P We changed groups yesterday as most of our original group is on the 16 day tour and we are on the 21 day tour so they go down the other side of the coast to us :o( It's crazy how close you can feel to people after just one week! I think hanging off the side of a mountain together definitely bonds you....!! :P We have become really close to 2 girls called Kate & Jo and they're going to be in Oz near Christmas so hopefully we'll meet up with them! :0) One couple from our original group are coming into our new group so that is really nice - they're called Damien & Laura and are the cutest couple ever to come out of Northern Ireland! Except when Damien gets drunk I have noooo idea what he's saying as it all turns to slurs haha!
I hope everything is going well at home! Let me know what you're all up to, missing you all lots and lots!!! Speak to you all in the next few days....from the south of Thailand!!
lots of love Rach xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you again and well done for posting your first blog post yourself! I've been busy on the technical side of things setting up accounts for nanny as she wants to be in touch too - so watch this space! I've also sent your Flickr details so you can put photos on there too. All sounds like a VERY big adventure! Will send you the family news in a Facebook message - it's windy and rainy here so don't think we'll be going far today :-(
    love you loads
    mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel!
    Sounds like you are having a great tme! Continue to enjoy!
    Love
    Kim
    xxx

    ReplyDelete