Monday 8 February 2010

Bye Bye Bondi...













Hi Everyone!


Sorry I haven't updated my blog for a while...I have been working pretty much non stop and any spare time i've had hasn't been spent on the internet (understandably!)


I hope you're all well & are having a great start to 2010! I had a quick look at the last thing I posted and since then we have moved from Bondi (sob sob :-( to Clovelley). I have come back to Bondi at every oportunity and could definitely see myself living here! I miss Bondi Beach every day....


We are now living above a pub (handy!) with a girl I used to work with. We have gone from having an amazing apartment with 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen to sharing a bed!! It's not great but will do for now...


I am still working at the Tea Gardens in Bondi Junction although I now work upstaires in the cocktail bar! Most of the shifts upstaires you work on your own so making cocktails is always fun when you have a queue of customers....!! Apparently they "don't just put anyone up there" as it's unsupervised...but I don't know if that's just what they say to people to make them feel special haha! We had our "Christmas party" the other day which was a good laugh! We were on 2 boats, cruising around the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House! (something I really wanted to do, although I had to take some travel sickness pills haha!) Everyone got really drunk but I had to work after so I was Mummy for the day!


Our plan is to move to Cairns before the end of Feburary but Ceri still hasn't got a job so we're playing it by ear at the moment.


We have tickets to Good Vibrations this weekend which should be awesome! The Killers are headlining and Basement Jaxx, Friendly Fires and Armand Van Helden are just some of the other acts! I managed to get Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work! (woohoo!) so I can finally have a weekend to relax :o)


As some of you may/may not know, my Mum has been in hospital for the past week so things have been pretty tough out here - the last place you want to be is on the other side of the world! It sounds as though she's doing well at the moment though & I managed to talk to her from Intensive Care the other day which was amazing! I also figured that when she can't sleep at night, she always has someone to speak to, with the time difference over here! :o)


Anyway, I will have to keep this one short i'm afraid as...I need to go back and get ready for work!! I can't wait to hear from you all & see what's been going on back home!
Speak to you all soon, lots of love! Rach xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello from the other side of the world where I can't sleep!
    Just think - if I had waited for the op till you got back you'd be sat by the side of a bed, instead we can hit the shops for some new fitted clothes for me and spend hours celebrating successful surgery - as I look you in the eye!
    Hope that you are able to move on soon and at least have your own bed again soon.
    Much love
    Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete